Need some new blogs to follow? My Bookish Friends feature showcases some of the amazing blogging friends I’ve made in the blogosphere who I definitely recommend you check out. But hey, want to get a feel if they’re the right friend for you? Don’t worry! I’ve shoved them behind three different doors and listed some facts about each of them. It’s your very own Love Match with a Blogger!
My Bookish Friends: Josephine, Sandra, and Lillian
This week I’m featuring my friends Josephine from Word Revel, Sandra from Tea Between Books, and Lillian from Books and Cake. Try to figure out which one is which by using the clues beneath each door, and then click on the door to see if you’re right!
Note: I usually draw cartoonish pictures of each person with the fun facts somehow worked into them, but I did things slightly different this time. I decided I’d needed a break from embarrassing myself with the things I draw, so actually put some effort into these ones. Hope you don’t mind!
- The first novel this blogger ever read was Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone when she was seven.
- She can’t trust people who say things like “bestestest”.
- She’s always wanted to be a character in Harry Potter so she can marry Sirius.
- This blogger likes abstract covers better than ones featuring people/portraits.
- She once had a dream of how she bought the edition of a book she badly wants. She then woke up searching for it. Sadness.
- At nine-years-old, she used to borrow her sister’s thesaurus to find synonyms for everyday words, especially those with longer syllables to make her seem smart.
- She loves lists and striking things off of them.
- She is a nomad at heart.
- This blogger is a cake lover, especially cheesecake.
- She likes to take pictures by looking up.
- Her blog sometimes includes discussions, reviews, and features, but she only tends to appear a handful of times each month. Tease!
- This blogger graduated from uni with Honours Degree in Sociology.
- She would willingly trade sleep for more reading time.
- She sometimes reads German books to keep in touch with her mother tongue. She also has learnt French, English, Latin, and Mandarin.
- Her favorite sport is floor ball. She plays it competitively. She has also played: aerobics, volleyball, handball, basketball, tennis, table tennis, floor ball, cross country, track, and field hockey.
- She checks the dimensions of a book in a series before buying them.
- She is a polygamous reader.
- This blogger hardly ever chooses to buy hardcovers because she hates dust jackets.
- She’s made a “game” of walking into the library fifteen minutes before it closes and borrowing whatever book interests her in that short time.
- She is based on an island affectionately known as the Little Red Dot.
- DNFing a book is difficult for this blogger.
- Her blog features everything from reviews to discussions to cover talks to updates! She always sounds pretty damn smart in her posts.
- This blogger has a passion for books, art, music, fashion, photography, foreign cultures, and Audrey Hepburn.
- She has to have earphones on when reading a book.
- She “adopts” used books.
- One of her big ambitions is to invent a tree that grows money and a plate that generates the food she craves by itself.
- She loves the smell of used books.
- Her book blog is her fourth blog. Her previous blogs including a personal diary, fashion blog, and multifandom Tumblr.
- She says you shouldn’t judge people who skip in public, it’s faster.
- Penryn and the End of Days is her favorite series of all time.
- This blogger doesn’t think you should trust people who eat their cereal after it gets soggy.
- Her first author event was Patrick Ness, whose books she read because of me. Of course.
- This blogger’s blog includes art, books, reviews, and photography. But mainly ramblings. Very interesting ramblings.
So, did you know which blogger was behind each door? Which one would you end up choosing on your blog blind date? Surprised by any of the facts about these lovely ladies? Let me know!