Accepting Guest Posts
While some of our readers only come to Oh, the Books! to read the thoughts and opinions of Asti and Kelley, we have others who come here just for the discussion posts. And while do our best to write meaningful discussions regularly, sometimes the inspiration just doesn’t strike. As a result, our doors are open to other bloggers who would like to write a discussion post for Oh, the Books!
Previously, we restricted this to newbie bloggers (those who have started their blog in the last six months), but we are now opening this feature to all bloggers. Please read the requirements below, and (if you’re interested) submit the guest post form at the bottom of this post. Asti is in charge of this Guest Post feature and will do her best to respond to your submitted request within three business days.
- The guest post must be in the form of a discussion. This feature receives the best response when the guest post takes the form of a discussion post. Please choose a book-related, OtB-appropriate topic to discuss. If you are not sure what to write about, we encourage you to check out the previous discussions on our blog or look at Asti’s Discussion Topics A to Z post. You can also tweet us if you would like our feedback on your idea.
- The guest post should not be an advertisement. While we do promote the guests that are featured on our blog, the post itself should not be an advertisement. Discussion posts at Oh, the Books! are used to encourage an open exchange of ideas – not to push products (whether it be a blog, book, mailing subscription, etc.) onto our readers.
- Images used within your guest post must be credited. Whether the photos are yours or you found them online, please include a source link for each one. As the images we will be posted on our blog, we do not want to get in trouble for violation of any sort of copyright.
- Posts are scheduled in order they are received. We cannot confirm when your post will go live until you have sent us the finished draft as we schedule in the order that we receive them. If you have a date set in mind that you would like the post to go up though, please let us know and we will see what we can do.
- You have one month to submit your guest post after submitting the guest post form. Asti will contact you confirming that she has received the guest post form. Guest posters will have one month from the time they receive the confirmation email from Asti to submit their finished guest post. If the post is not received within that one month deadline, we will assume you are no longer interested in contributing a guest post. You will be required to resubmit the form.
The Guest Post Form
If a post does not satisfy the rules stated above, we have the right to refuse it. Please ensure you have read them before submitting the form.
UPDATE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING GUEST POSTS AT THIS TIME!!!!