Have you signed up for Sci-Fi November yet? Over 60 people are ready to share some sci-fi love, and we want YOU to join us! If you haven’t already read about Sci-Fi November and have no idea what we’re talking about, go check out our Sci-Fi November 2014 Announcement post or click on the Sci-Fi November button in our sidebar to head to the Resources & Information page. They will give you all the basic details about this event, including the what, when, why, where, who, how, and all that fun stuff!
This post is our final reminder before November, so we’ll be covering any last-minute FAQs and providing information about the Post Schedule guidelines.
Post Schedule Guidelines
Just like last year, we’ve got a master spreadsheet to keep track of the posts that each participant will be posting for the event! This time, we’ve organized the spreadsheet into a few different tabs, categorized to help you find the kind of content you’re looking for, and to make the entire schedule feel a little less HUGE.
These categories should be pretty self explanatory, but if you’re not sure which one your post might fall under, hopefully these descriptions will answer that for you. (Still trying to think of what you want to post? Check out our list of things to look forward to and post ideas!)
- Intro Posts: If you’re planning on writing an intro post, then put it here. This will be a great way to check out all of the other blogs that are participating, and see what they’re planning for the month!
- Fun & Games: Last year we had quizzes, crossword puzzles, BINGO cards, and more. If your post includes a game or other activity, it should go in this category. Making some sort of chart? Those could go here, too!
- Discussions: This will likely be the bulk of the content. Discussions of your favorite sci-fi topics, books, shows, games, etc. go here.
- Lists: Love making lists? Anything like topical book recs or top ten lists should be placed here!
- Reviews: Any sci-fi reviews should go here, whether it’s a book, TV show, movie, video game, or whatever!
- Interviews: If you’re participating in sci-fi author interviews, or have a guest post planned, please list yours here.
- Misc: Have a post that you don’t feel fits in any of the above categories? Throw it in here!
So, how do you add your posts to the schedule?
If you’ve already signed up as a participant, you should have gotten an email from your contact person, which includes a link to the schedule spreadsheet in Google Docs. You should be able to edit the document, which means you can add your posts to the appropriate tabs.
A few things to keep in mind when adding your posts:
- Add your post(s) to the bottom of the list. You won’t need worry about putting them in a specific order. We will make sure the spreadsheet is sorted by date.
- Please fill in all appropriate information. This will make it easier for everyone to understand what your post is about.
- For the Post Title & Link: type in the name of the post, and when it goes live, come back and use the Insert Link button to add a link to your post.
- If your post includes a giveaway, please type YES in the Giveaway column, or put a description of what is being given away.
- Please don’t modify anybody else’s rows in the table. This is just common courtesy!
- If you need to remove one of your posts, you can delete the row completely.
If you have any questions that were not answered here, please feel free to ask your contact person for help!
Are you participating in Sci-Fi November? Do you already have your plans in order? What are you most looking forward to? Have any questions? Let us know what you think!