The winner of asti’s giveaway
Asti’s Monster Mash giveaway in celebration of Horror October Fortnight 2014 has finally come to an end. The winner, randomly selected by Rafflecopter, was Deanna from Deanna Writes! The prize was one book worth up to £10 from The Book Depository and she chose The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. We haven’t read it here at Oh, the Books, but we hope she enjoys it! (Asti actually does own a personalized copy of it though. She should really stop being a slacker and get around to reading it.)
In Case You Missed It
Here’s all the stuff that we posted this week.
- Kelley discussed different types of aliens.
- Asti shared a new Bookish Find: Leonard Ulian’s Book Art.
- Kelley made a quiz: Which race from the Star Trek universe are you?
- Asti reviewed Red Rising by Pierce Brown.
- Rachel stopped by to share her book monogamy story.
- Kelley shared mini reviews for books she read in October.
- Day Four of the Bookish Games: Ready Player One edition began.
Our Lives This Week
In Asti’s Life…
It’s time for the game of good news and bad news in Asti’s life. Let’s start with the good news.
- I’m graduating with distinction! As my degree was a postgraduate one and all my markings were 70% or above, I should graduate with distinction. Of course, as an American living in London I’m not 100% sure what that actually means, but I take it as a good thing. I worked really hard this past year to do well so I’m glad I have something to show for it.
- I have a publishing job! Somehow one of my work placements has developed into a full-time position and I’m actually getting paid for the work I do. It’s nothing overly glamorous or anything like that, and it’s just temporary to help them out until the end of the year, but still. I actually work at a publishing company in London. Go me!
- The battle for a work visa continues. I do currently have a job here, yes, but it’s just temporary. The company policy regarding work visas has been looked into and it is possible, but they are only willing to do it for a permanent position. As this role isn’t permanent, and there’s no other permanent roles currently available, that means I’m still stuck in the same situation as I was before. I can stay and work here until the end of January on my student visa, but after that I have to leave.
- Free time? What is free time? One consequence of this sudden employment is that my free time is gone. I have been doing so many placements lately that I had made the decision that once I finished this last one this last week I would be done and just devote all my time to catching up with blog stuff and job hunting. Well, that’s no longer the case. I leave from work at 8am every morning and don’t get home until 7pm. That pretty much leaves me four hours or so a day to do anything other than work/sleep, and that’s just not enough. I still plan on sticking around and hope to figure something out in regards to all this, but as of right now expect to see less of me.
And that’s it. That is this week’s edition of good news and bad news. Thanks for playing.